April 22nd marked the 50th anniversary of Earth Day! No matter what day it is, we hope you’re appreciating the wonders of mother nature.
Here are some of our favorite tips for helping our beloved planet:
- 🍓 Buy organic and local. If you can afford to, organic agriculture reduces the overall exposure to toxic chemicals from synthetic pesticides that can end up in the ground, air, water, and food supply.
- 🗳️ Vote for science-based policy. Support politicians who make decisions based on scientific evidence. Stand for what you stand on!
- 💚 Raise nature-loving children. Simply put, human beings protect what they love.
- 🚮 Cut down on what you throw away. Conserve natural resources and landfill space. Start a compost!
- 🍄 Eat less meat and fish. Shifting to include more plants in your diet helps combat soil, air and water pollution, and ocean dead zones. Meatless Mondays are a good start!
- 💡 Turn off unnecessary lights or devices to conserve energy.
- 🚿 Conserve water by taking shorter showers and turn off the water while shaving, brushing your teeth, scrubbing your hands, plates and produce.
- ♻️ Avoid single-use plastics. Learn to properly recycle or upcycle what you have.
- 🐵 Advocate for animals and Earth. You can do so through any of our Animalia collections, with 40% of every sale donated to conservation initiatives!